Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Best Popeye's....

The Best Popeye's....I've ever had was this weekend while heading down to Baltimore for a wedding. Porthos has always raved about the Popeye's at the Thomas Edison rest stop on the NJ turnpike (exit 11 southbound). Man, he was so right. The meat is so insanely juicy and flavorful. The crust is crispy, but still relatively light. This is the Cadillac of fast food fried chicken. We think this is due to the high turnover rate at the rest stop, so they don't have much time to sit. Whatever it is, it f'n rules...check it out sometime. And, bypass the corn...it was completely flavorless.

BTW - Bigus Edicus has let us know the original creator of Popeyes has past away, so pay your respects and rock out some Popeyes...

1 comment:

Athos said...

Popeye's just rocks, period. But if it can be better, then I will definitely try it next time I'm on the Turnpike. My favorite chain chicken place.

Read about him dying over the weekend. Seems very eccentric and lived the way I probably would had I had his ca$h like driving Lamborghinis, etc.