Friday, April 27, 2007

Pardon my absence

Sorry for the lack of posts recently. It's been an interesting week in Porthos's world.
I was up in Boston earlier in the week promoting Japanese Sake.
For those of you who don't know, I represent probably the largest premium sake distributor in the nation. We carry over 110 sake labels and about 30 varieties of shochu as well.

While in Bean-town we must have tried 20 different types and also conducted a workshop with a Q&A session to some of the key Sommeliers, Bev Directors, and Retail Purchasers in Boston. Needless to say, it's been a rough week, with too much drinking. Some may say I have the perfect job, but try drinking 8 glasses of wine every day, Monday thru Friday. (It's problematic because I don't believe in the "spit bucket...")

I will post a Sake 101 tutorial shortly.
I have a feeling Sake is about to ease into mainstream America just like how Sushi has arrived to the average American's dinner table.

No comments: