Friday, April 13, 2007

Roast Chicken











I had a chicken roaster just sitting there in my fridge so I decided to do something with it.
I saw some chef on the Japanese Iron Chef years ago roast a bird in a clay pot. Kinda half roast, half steamed so I came up with my own way to copy the method. On the TV show, the chef used some straw-hay to add to the flavoring of the bird. Unfortunately I don't have any clean straw-hay but I know that that was a source of moisture so I thought to add some cauliflower and potatoes instead.
I tucked some butter under the chicken's skin, garlic and thyme in the cavity and did a no string truss. Salt and peppered the vegetables and placed them around the bird.
375 degrees for 20 minutes uncovered, then an additional 1 hour covered.
10 additional minutes uncovered and remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
Carve and serve hot. Voila.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It came out Great!!!