Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Advantage 2

Just want to show off again at how lucky I am to have such diversity around me. A full sized pickup decided to run into me, so I was getting the ($1,800) estimate at a body shop. While there I noticed, all around me, in Rockville, MD, I was surrounded by ethnic food: Middle Eastern, Indian, Japanese, Taiwanese, Chinese, Dirty Knees, BBQ, Peruvian, Thai, McD's (Irish :-D ), and so on. I saw the bubble tea sign and went in. And what's this? Fried chicken??? Sign me up!

Sidenote - I was in Manhattan with Porthos whose "thing" is fried chicken. He opened my eyes to fried chicken at Asian places. He was sooooo right. In fact, the best fried chicken I ever had was in Thailand at a Khantoke dinner theatre watching gorgeous wimmins dancing in their fitted silk clothing doing fingernail dancing. (Maybe that's why the food tasted better? :-) )

Anyway, spicy fried chicken nuggets with steamed rice and an egg roll accompanied my chocolate bubble tea at this Taiwanese place is nice. As I told the lady there: "Wo hen xi huan. Hao chi ye hao he!" (I really like the food. Delicious food and drink!) She enjoyed that the "lao wai" (foreigner) could kick a little Mandarin.

2 comments:

Pike Ness said...

Dirty Knees? As in: "Chinese, Japanese, Dirty Knees, LOOK AT THESE..." ??

porthos said...

"lao wai"... LOL, Priceless!