Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sous Vide to-go

I was just going through some old food pics from excursions with the "dudes" and this sous vide take home bag came up and triggered a happy memory.
It was Aramis's bachelor party and we had all gone for a memorable meal at Montreal's most famous restaurant "Au Pied du Cochon".
After what can only be described as a hit parade of country style Gascony French food that could easily feed 10 normal men, the 5 of us met our limit and had to surrender to the doggie bag.

How nice of them to vacuum pack the braised piggy leg with ample toppings of foie gras sauce and seared foie gras.
Throw this in a boiling pot of water, cover, cut the heat and you can unload this into a huge plate for round #2 in 10 minutes.

I got this huge smile as I'm writing this post. Must be a sign it's time to go back.

1 comment:

Aramis said...

Ha! I completely forgot about that, but I do remember being insanely happy and extremely full.

I think we just opened the pack up and ate it cold?