Butternut squash soup
- Pour butternut squash soup into a pot over high heat just to boil. As soon as you see it bubble, lower heat to low, and let it simmer the whole time you’re doing everything else. (The longer it simmers, the better.)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mince about 7 leaves of sage, and stir it into the pot of soup.
- Wash squash, and then peel ¾ of it. You want some skin for looks. (My pix don't show it peeled, but I took one for the team and realize it's better peeled.)
- Cube the squash into ½” chunks, and discard the “guts.”
- Pour about some chicken broth in a separate pan over medium heat.
- Transfer cubed squash to the pan over stir fry for 5 minutes. If it gets too dry, add some more broth.
- While the squash is in the pan, mince 7 more sage leaves.
- After the squash has been in the pan for 5 minutes, transfer squash to a cookie sheet.
- Add chicken broth to the cookie sheet, just enough so the squash won’t stick/burn.
- Sprinkle minced sage over squash.
- Put into oven,and roast for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove from oven, and transfer squash, broth, etc. to the pot.
- Stir everything together, sample, add salt & pepper to taste.
Done. Your house has a beautiful aroma, tongue will be pleased, and the belly will smile.