Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Kenzo Estate

A lot of times, wine is lost on the average American. And I mean that with the utmost sincerity and humility, for I too am a neophyte in the world of wine.
Our ignorance is regrettable, because we (us Americans) certainly make some of the best juice in the world.
















A week or so ago, I had the pleasure of touring Kenzo Estates in Napa. This beautiful winery is one of the greatest places I've ever visited. The staff is so approachable and friendly and what's most important is they are happy to teach you about wine.
I've been to plenty of wine tastings and generally, you hear the same things over and over again. But never in layman's terms because there is and has always been a certain air of arrogance in wine. Well if you are like me, new to wine and hungry for knowledge, Kenzo Estates is probably the best place to get your geek on.
I couldn't recommend a finer winery to take you on a tour, and sit with you through your tasting of their estate wines.















They approach the grape, the harvest, the fermenting, the aging, all in easy to follow language. You never feel out of place or out of touch with the experience.
It's truly great wine by great people.

2 comments:

Athos said...

Very nice. Sounds like a place I could enjoy. I especially like this part: "there is and has always been a certain air of arrogance in wine" and how they break that.

Unknown said...

Just went to Kenzo today and was thoroughly entertained. The tasting experience was so much more than I imagined. What a stunningly beautiful estate!