Friday, November 12, 2010

Fremont Diner

Fremont Diner - Highly Recommended
2660 Fremont Dr
Sonoma, CA 95476-9537
(707) 938-7370

I'm not really sure if I really have it in me to move to the west coast. But if I were to uproot to California, Napa and Sonoma wouldn't be a bad choice.


While on my mini weekend getaway to Napa, I rang up a food industry buddy of mine who just took the plunge and moved to Napa not too long ago from NYC.
Instead of meeting up at a big named touristy joints like Ad Hoc or Redd, he told me about this place called Fremont Diner right on the highway when heading back to SF from Napa.

This little shack is Amazing. They do everything from scratch and for the food geek at heart, I ate it all up.

I gotta tell ya, they are cooking with some serious integrity and love at this place. They've got only three 4 top tables, and probably 6 bar stools indoors in the whole place. Some benches and communal tables outside, next to their gravel parking lot.

While I was there, easily 40 people placed orders at the front cashier, grabbed their food and took off in their cars.

I had ordered their classic Mac and Cheese, Corn Fritters, Chicharonnes, Arancinis, Mesculin Salad and the BBQ Brisket. All really damn well made and most importantly, the bill was less than 50 bucks.

If you find yourself on Highway 121, high tailing it up to Napa from SF and you hear your tummy growl, you now know this dude's recommended stop.

The food here was better than La Toque (1 Star Michelin in Napa).

1 comment:

Athos said...

Looks pretty damn good. The sign saus "FRIED PIES?"