Thursday, October 28, 2010

Nostalgically Nasty

I must have been sniffing the glue again at work because for some reason, I was craving "Spaghetti and Meatball" the other night.
I B-lined it to the neighborhood Brownstone Diner and sat my butt down.

Memory is a fickle thing. It had me thinking I was missing this silly dish I had from childhood.
(sigh)
And so there it was, just a pile of crap, piled on top of each other and pushed in front of me.
Meatballs were tough and obviously flavorless.
Pasta was predictably overcooked. It's as if "al dente" was a Taliban initiation ritual, and the diner was avoiding it like the plague.

I really don't know what else to say about S&M (the food guys), except I'm probably good for another 20 years til I have my next plate.

2 comments:

Aramis said...

Spaghetti and meatballs sound fun, but not when you order it from a diner. I'll have to try cooking a version up soon...

Mr. Risotto said...

Hate the "chef," not the dish!