Sunday, October 17, 2010

McRib is Back

Remember those McRib sandwiches at McDonald’s with the delicious, zesty BBQ sauce with the meat falling off the bone? I really don’t, since I was but a young lad when it was readily available. Apparently there are no bones, and heck, it’s not even rib meat. But what the heck, I’d like to give it a try, since, on November 2nd, they’ll be readily available again for a short time. There’s quite a following for these sandwiches and stories of people driving 4 and 10 hours when they hear of a McD’s offering it, since they still do appear from time to time at select locations. Read this NPR article, or better yet, listen to the interview to hear about others who blog about it, create Facebook pages for it, and so on. This makes me want to eat the sandwich more so than what the actual sandwich will be. I gotta recollect if I liked this sandwich or not. There is really a cult following to it. In fact, look at the replies to Aramis' 2-year old post.

2 comments:

Wilma F. said...

You've never had one...or can't remember having one? McRib comes back every year...I thought they usually come back in the spring right around the same time as the Shamrock Shake...now that is an awesome combo...McRib and Shamrock Shake....

The McRib is the best....but I like to order mine without the pickle and onion....and I will get in line on November 2nd....c u there!!

Athos said...

I know I had them, but I can't remember the details. I think I'd have to skip the pickle, but the onion sounds like it would go well. I'll toast to you with McRibs!