Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Thanksgiving is a-Comin!

Thanksgiving, lately, means dinner with my best friend in DC, Marcus. His family comes in from different places, they break out all the good food, I'm with people close to me, and I feel like part of his family. You know, like the show Diff'rent Strokes. I also have the privilege to experience different food than what I grew up with for Thanksgiving like greens, mac-n-cheese, yams, and so on. Because of this, I try making the dishes myself, and I think my collard greens are quite good now, thank you very much - what with the bacon fat, turkey, and so on. Anyway, this time of the year I get excited for many reasons, and one of them is his gathering. The peach cobbler that his mom makes takes me into the stratosphere. I. Effin. Love it! They gave some for me to take home one year. I never told them this, but even after the huge dinner, it never made it home.

There; I said it.









1 comment:

Kyra Phillips said...

very sweet, Athos :)