Monday, October 25, 2010

Wegmans

I am so happy! I've been paying attention to the opening of Wegmans in my neighborhood since I heard they were building one several months ago. I've been to one in Virginia, but it's quite far to go for shopping. I always thought it was unfair, since there are two near each other but none around me. Of course, that area has the demographic that is being catered to. At any given day, you'll find the parking lot with plenty of very nice vehicles. Now it's our turn to have a Wegmans, and today is opening day. If you haven't been to one, think Whole Foods but bigger, badder, better - with lower prices. You walk in, and the smells hit you from the various "departments." There's sushi, Indian, pizza, Asian, comfort foods, Thai, seafood, sandwich department and more. And to boot, this new shopping center also has a Best Buy AND a Costco! How cool is that!?!? Just in time for the holidays. Opening day had police directing traffic from over a mile out ,and employees in the doorways giving out those discount cards along with a recycled bag for shopping, lots of freebie coupons (spend $10 and get butter or bread for free in week 1), a food magazine, and more. 5 miles and 7 minutes away. Yes, I counted. Oh yes, we're going to be great friends, the Wegmans and me.

http://www.wegmans.com/
9001 McHugh Dr.
Lanham, MD
20706
240-487-5400
6AM - midnight

2 comments:

Girl Dude said...

this store sounds like it's just your style...maybe you should get a part-time job there for the "holidays" and give your friends some discounts on those adorable little Le Creusets.

Aramis said...

Oh man...Wegman's kicks massive ars. The cheese, breads, and coffee are better than what they serve at Whole Food's. You are going to be there all the time...